Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Don (Spoken Word)

Feed your mental
Walk through the streets get a visual
Hear the sirens blow
Feel the people and residuals
Watch how the kids wanna walk in my footsteps
Fellas see me move and they wanna check my street rep
Ladies in the window and they smiling when I walk by
Never gonna see another dude that be this fly
Mayor of the city but I never was elected
I'm the boss of the town and I always get respected
Hustle with a mission
And I never leave a man back
Mad cuz you lost and you'll never get ya man back
Money never moved me
Money never made me
Everytime I put in work
All they did was pay me
Now I'm on the top floor
Living in a high-rise
Penthouse living large
Keep my head to the sky
Never lost focus on the people and their input
Thanks for the teachers always making me read books
Thanks to the old heads
Always with the wisdom
Told me that to make it
That I had to learn the system
Showed me how to roll with it
Flip it so it work for me
Now I'm called professor
And I never earned a Ph.D
Plenty tried to hurt me and they said I'd never make it
But I did and I'm here
So let's see where I can take it
GO!!!

(This was a blast to write. Freewrote this. It's all love. LOL)

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like you had a blast writing this. it was a blast just reading it. You Go Boy. LOL

    ReplyDelete