Sunday, March 15, 2015

Roses and Coffee

Drip drop went the
Morning revelry of
Syncopated brew
Rhythmically
Telling me to get up and
Acknowledge the presence
That is you
I
Go to the kitchen and
Reach in the fridge to get out
The package of long stem roses
And open them to do the final
Pruning
The coffee is ready
I pour myself a cup and
Add the milk and sugar
Stirring gently to
Watch the swirl romantically
Fill the scenery of my mug
As I think of you
I get my cup
And your roses
And come to the bed
I lay the beautiful bunch right
Where you are
And sit down bedside
To slowly sip
I think of the times we shared
And the memories we made
Until the electronic call
For awakening buzzes loudly
To call me back to today
Where there are a bunch of
Long stem roses
Taking up a short portion
Of my bed
That you no longer
Lay in

No comments:

Post a Comment